Student Aid

Our Immigrant Student Aid Program helps immigrant families from the Former Soviet Union access higher education without parents or students incurring crippling levels of debt that would jeopardize their financial future. For information about our Undergraduate and Graduate Student Loan programs, click on the links below.

To apply for an Immigrant Student Aid loan, you must have submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current academic year and have received a Student Aid Report (SAR). Information about how to file a FAFSA can be found here.

In addition to the documents required for all HFLS loans (see the documents listed in How to Apply), applicants for Immigrant Student Aid loans must submit the following:

  1. Student’s Financial Aid Award Letter for the current academic year
  2. Student’s tuition bill for the current semester
  3. Student’s Student Aid Report (SAR) for the current academic year
  4. Graduate Students must provide a copy of the first two pages of their parents’ most recent federal income tax return

For more information about or to apply for this loan program, please contact HFLS at 212-687-0188 or